Mother's Day is coming up soon and your mom deserves the best. Here are some places to take her to enjoy her special holiday.
If there are events you think should be included here, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more events this month, please see May Calendar of Events on Long Island.
This calendar is updated every year, usually a few weeks in advance of the holiday. Here are the events for Mother's Day on Long Island 2013.
1. May 1 through May 31, 2013 - Gurney's Mother's Day Spa Package
More info: Gurney's Inn or call (631) 668-2345.
2. Tues., May 7, Weds,, May 8 or Thurs., May 9, 2013 - Workshop for ChildrenKids can enjoy a workshop, Plant a Teacup for Mom at Hicks Nurseries, 100 Jericho Turnpike, Westbury, NY. They'll plant a twigs and moss teacup with lovely annuals, just for mom. $10 plus tax per child includes all materials. Reservation required by calling (516) 334-0066.
Choose one of the three dates. The workshops are at 4:30 p.m. on each day.
For the complete menu and pricing, please visit www.gardencityhotel.com/upcoming-events or call (516) 877-9385.
Reservations: please call (516) 877-9385. Self-parking and complimentary valet parking available.
On Sunday, May 12, 2013 from 1 to 4 p.m., Glen Cove Mansion's executive chef Andy Helliwell will prepare a special menu with a Roaring Twenties theme. This includes a salad bar, a shrimp bar, a hot buffet, pasta station, carving station, desserts and more.
There are two seatings: 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Mother's Day Dinner is $55 (plus tax) for adults and $29 (plus tax) for children ages 4 to 13. Children age 3 and under: free.
Guests from out of town -- or those just wishing to stay overnight in the luxurious mansion -- can receive a special Mother's Day weekend guest room rate of $199 per room per night at the Glen Cove Mansion. Guests will also have access to the fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool, steam room, and 55 acres of s and manicured lawns.
Reservations and more information: please call (516) 674-2955.
Glen Cove Mansion
200 Dosoris Lane
Glen Cove, NY
5. Sunday, May 12, 2013 - Mother's Day Brunch - LI AquariumThe Long Island Aquarium (formerly Atlantis Marine World) will have a Mother's Day Brunch in the Sea Star Barroom. First seating: 10:30 a.m. Second seating: 12:30 p.m. Price: children 3-12 and seniors 62+: $29.95 (or $24.95 for aquarium members.) Adtuls: $34.95 ($29.95 for members.) Children 2 and under: free. (Prices do not include tax.)
Reservations are required. Please call (631) 208-9200, extension H2) (426.)
Ask about their Mom SLeepover at the adjacent Hyatt Place East End & Resort Marina.
Dinner will be offered from 4 to 9 p.m.
For reservations and more information on prices and menus, please call (516) 741-7940.
7. Sunday, May 12, 2013 - Jonathan's Ristorante - Brunch Prix Fixe & Dinner
The cost of brunch is $29 per person, $16 for children under 10, plus tax and gratuity. A $36 prix fixe option is also available with a choice of two Mimosas or two Bloody Marys.
For more info or to make reservations, please call (631) 549-0055.
8. Sunday, May 12, 2013 - Brunch at 360 East at Montauk Downs360 East at Montauk Downs, 50 Soyth Fairview Avenue, Montauk, NY, will be serving a Mother's Day brunch buffest from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. There will be unlimited champagne, Mimosas and Bloody Marys as well as coffee, tea, soft drinks and juice. The cost is $37.95 for adults and $17.95 for children 12 and under, plus tax and gratuity. children 4 years of age and under will not be charged.
For more info or to make reservations, please call (531) 483-5025.long
The Library Cafe is located at 274 Main Street, Farmingdale, NY. For more info or reservations, please call (516) 752-7678.