- Tobacco Action Coalition of Long Island lists the many benefits of quitting smoking and a list of smoking cessation classes throughout Long Island. Some are free, others charge a fee.
- Nicotine Anonymous holds meetings around the country. To find local meetings, please go to their list at Nicotine Anonymous.
- New York State Smokers Quitline. For information on how to stop smoking, you can call 1-866-NY--QUITS (1-866-697-8487) or go to the New York State Smokers Quitline website for local resources.
- St. Francis Hospital 100 Port Washington Boulevard, Roslyn, NY offers Stop Smoking clinics. Call (516)938-0080 for more information.
- South Nassau Communities Hospital offers smoking cessation programs. Classes are held regularly at the hospital and at other community sites. Call (516) 377-5333 for more information or to register.
- The Stanford Method Smoking Cessation programs. Call (516) 827-0200.
- Advanced Wellness of Long Island, 63 Route 111, Smithtown, NY, (631)-656-0828, offers acupuncture and cold laser therapy to help smokers quit.
- DropTheButts.org is an interactive wensite for children and teens, and a project of the Tobacco Action Coalition of Long Island.
- North Shore Hypnosis offers two Suffolk County locations: Holbrook and Northport, or consider Hypnosis-by-Phone-with-Carol-Denicker if you can't get to these locations.