Located on Long Island's North Shore, the Glen Cove Mansion Hotel and Conference Center, built in 1910, sits on 55 lush acres of land. Once known simply as The Manor, the landmark Georgian
estate was once the country house of Charles Teele Pratt, financier, attorney and philanthropist, and his wife, Ruth Baker Pratt, one of New York's first Republican congresswomen. Pratt's father Charles owned an oil business in Brooklyn that was highly successful and later merged with Standard Oil. The elder Pratt founded Pratt Institute
, a renowned art college in Brooklyn.
Although The Manor was the younger Pratt's favored home on Long Island, he and his wife also had a residence in Manhattan.
In 1967, the Glen Cove Mansion opened to the public as a hotel and one of the first dedicated conference centers in the United States. Today, the mansion provides a stately backdrop for weddings, weekend getaways and meetings and conferences of all sizes.