11. Great Neck Arts Center
The GNAC can customize a birthday party for your child with themes like “Musical Me,” recommended for ages 1 to 3 years. It includes a musical activity, pizza and cake. For children ages 5+, there are other programs including a ceramics theme, dance, art or drama. Call for current prices.
Great Neck Arts Center
113 Middle Neck Road
Great Neck, NY
Have a fun party at this wonderful children’s museum. Choose from a number of themes for kids from ages 2 through 12. Children ages 2-5 can enjoy themes like Messy Merriment and TotSpot Party, while older kids, ages 5-12 can explore topics like Weird Science.
Learn more about the Long Island Children's Museum.
Long Island Children’s Museum
11 Davis Avenue
Garden City, NY
Treat your child to a Long Island Aquarium (formerly Atlantis Marine World) Aquatic Birthday Party, which includes a tour of the sprawling aquarium, a party room with party host, reserved seating at the Sea Lion Show, unlimited rides on the Submarine Simulator and Discovery Tower and more. Parties can be customized with add-ons including a cruise on their tour boat (May through October.) Themed parties include the Reptile Slither-bration and more.
Learn about ecological cruises on the Atlantis Explorer Tour Boat.
Long Island Aquarium
For birthday party information, call (631) 208-9200, extension 186
14. Party with the Long Island DucksIf your child’s birthday falls on a date during baseball season, take up to 10 guests to watch the Long Island Ducks play in Citibank Park in Central Islip. The birthday party package includes 10 box seats, Ducks souvenir logo baseballs, one baseball autographed by a Ducks player, and more.
For more information contact the group sales department at (631) 940-3825, or visit the Long Island Ducks website.
For more detailed information and rates, please call Reservations at (516) 572-4066.
Historic Nunley's Carousel
Garden City, NY
16. Ridder MiniArt Museum for Children
Plan your child’s party against a backdrop of exhibits of exquisite miniature dollhouse furnishings, and the nine-foot tall, five-foot wide mini castle.
Ridder MiniArt Museum for Children
at the Nassau County Museum of Art
One Museum Drive
Roslyn Harbor, NY
(516) 484-9338 extension 15
17. Science Museum of Long IslandDoes your child love science? Then come to the Science Museum of Long Island for a special science-themed birthday party. The staff will conduct a hands-on science experiment. Nursery and kindergarten-appropriate topics include Science Magic and Discovering Dinos. First and second graders can choose from experiments centered around Kitchen Chemistry, the Science of Toys and more. Third and fourth graders will enjoy Volcanoes, Tie Dye and other themes.
Science Museum of Long Island
1526 North Plandome Road
18. Sweetbriar Nature CenterSweetbriar Nature Center's educators will present a 45-minute, interactive program with live reptiles, birds and more. Choose from programs including Threatened Wildlife, Butterflies & Moths, Reptiles, Rainforest Ramble and other themes.
Sweetbriar Nature Center
62 Eckernkamp Drive
19. The Stage TheaterFor a unique themed party, invite your children's friends to The Stage Theater in Merrick. Your child and all his or her guests will have a seat at a performance of the theater's popular kids' shows. The actors may even call your child onstage after the show for a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday." Parties include pizza, cake and goody bags.
The Stage Theater
2222 Hewlett Avenue
20. Tackapausha Museum and PreserveThis 84-acre preserve offers five miles of marked trails that meander through oaks forests with tranquil ponds and streams. Over 170 species of birds including ruby-throated hummingbirds fly through this natural area. The museum features exhibits about animals and Long Island’s ecology, and also has interactive activities for the kids. Birthday parties can only be arranged on weekends. Note: this is a popular party venue. You'll need to reserve many months in advance.
Tackapausha Museum and Preserve
Washington Avenue (between Merrick Road and Sunrise Highway), Seaford, NY