With its theme of the lost continent of Atlantis, the sprawling aquarium encompasses exhibits both indoors and outdoors. There's a seal exhibit outside as well as an indoor exhibit of swiftly swimming sharks. Very courageous (or very crazy!) visitors can pay an extra fee to dive down in a cage to observe the sharks as they swim uncomfortably close to the cage.
Sea Lions and Sand Sharks:
Meals and More:
You and your family can also pay extra to take a tour of the Peconic River on the Atlantis Explorer Tour Boat, just behind the aquarium.
Atlantis Marine World is also home to The Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research and Preservation, a marine mammal and sea turtle rescue and rehabilitation center.
Visiting Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center:
- Location: Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center is located at 431 East Main Street, Riverhead.
- Atlantis Marine World website
- Telephone: (631) 208-9200
- Hours:Open daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Admission: See the Atlantis Marine World website for current prices.
- Atlantis Marine World also hosts weddings and children's birthday parties.
For specials and coupons, go to Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center 's website and click on Coupon Cove on the left hand side. After you choose the type of coupon you want and type in your e-mail address, you'll be able to print out a coupon for a discount on one of their special features.