The Bottom Line
- Excellent service
- Prix fixe is a good bargain for the price
- A short drive to the North Fork Vineyards, Atlantis Marine World, Tanger Outlet and more
- Soft lighting and lovely ambiance
- Good presentation of meals
- May be empty or crowded, depending on the events at East Wind
- The type of crowd also varies, depending on events at East Wind
- Desmond's Restaurant & Lounge address: Inside the East Wind Inn, 5720 Route 25A, Wading River, NY
- Phone: (631)846-2335
- Cuisine: Classic American
- Range of prices per dinner entree:$17-$30, Prix fixe for $22.95.
- Desmond's Restaurant & Lounge website
Guide Review - Desmond's Restaurant & Lounge at East Wind, Wading River, NY
Depending on the type of events being held at East Wind, the crowd at Desmond's will vary from bridal parties to children and adults at family reunions to couples stopping by after a visit to the nearby North Fork wineries. Service here is impeccable and the cloth-covered tables and soft lighting make for an elegant backdrop to your meal.
My husband and I ordered the prix fixe dinner for $22.95 per person. The classic onion soup came with garlic croutons and had hints of sherry and thyme in the broth, with a thick topping of Swiss and mozzarella cheeses. The Organic Field Greens salad was freshly prepared and features a good blend of hothouse cucumbers, grape tomatoes and endive topped with a balsamic vinaigrette. Other appetizers include the baked clams with thyme and lemon, mussels with white wine, shallots, garlic and butter, and other starters.
For entrees, we had the Atlantic salmon and French chicken breast. The salmon was fine but wasn't as fresh-tasting as I had hoped. It was served with julienne potatoes and lentils. My husband thought the French chicken with string beans and pan au jus could have had a more intense flavor, but all in all, the portions are generous at Desmond's and the prix fixe is a good bargain for the money. We enjoyed chocolate ice cream for dessert.
Other entree options on the prix fixe menu include Seared Shrimp Orecchiete, Eggplant Rollatini and Angus Sirloin. The adjoining lounge offers lighter pub fare. Breakfast and lunch are also served at Desmond's.