The Bottom Line
- Superb food and large, varied menu
- Large wine list
- Excellent service
- Expansive waterfront views
- Beautiful design
- Address: 117 New York Avenue, Huntington (Using a GPS? Type in 117 NORTH New York Avenue. I found this out the hard way.)
- Phone: (631) 385-1515. Reservations highly recommended.
- Cuisine: Seafood and Steak, Raw Bar; Salads and Panini at their dockside dining.
- Price of dinner entrees: Ranges from $28 to $49.
- Dinner Tues-Thurs 5-10 p.m., Fri-Sat 5-11 p.m., Sun 4:30-9 p.m. Lunch::Tues-Sat 11:30-3 p.m., Sunday brunch 11:30-3 p.m.
- Prime website
- More information on seafood restaurants on Long Island
Guide Review - Prime Restaurant Review
Everything is homemade at this gourmet restaurant. For an appetizer, try the pan-seared gnocchi, topped with parmesan cheese and a savory truffle sauce. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The sommelier recommended a pairing with a glass of Donatiello Chardonnay, a full-bodied white wine with citrus notes. The crab cakes are also delicately spiced and bursting with flavor. They go well with Maria Schneider Jazz Riesling, a medium dry wine.
I enjoyed the salmon with delicious wild mushrooms, spring onions and peas in a white wine-herb sauce, which was fresh and well-prepared. It went well with the sommerlier's suggested Pinot Noir. My husband recommends the pan seared-red snapper, which came with tomato-ginger chutney and basmati rice. It paired well with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Desserts are decadent and delicious. From the plum banana panna cotta to the tempting chocolate mousse bombe, there are many sweet ways to end your meal.