The Bottom Line
- Excellent menu
- Good presentation
- Attentive service
- Intimate ambiance with soft lighting and cozy tables
- Live entertainment on some evenings
- Rest rooms are upstairs on the second floor
- The upstairs dining room can be chilly in winter
- Thyme Restaurant & Café Bar address: 8 Tower Place, Roslyn, NY
- Phone: (516) 625-2566
- Prices range from an $18 weekend brunch, $12-$17 lunch entrees, a $24.95 prix fixe dinner and a la carte choices
- Thyme Restaurant & Café Bar website
- Cuisine: New American Cuisine
- Hours: Brunch: Sun. 12-3,Lunch: Tues.-Sat. 11-3,Dinner: Tues.-Thurs. 4-9, Fri. & Sat.: 4-10, Sun.: 4-8:30.
Guide Review - Thyme Restaurant & Café Bar Review
The food here is delicious and the presentation is superb. In addition to a la carte dining for lunch, brunch and dinner, Thyme regularly features a prix fixe menu.
Dinner appetizers include a tasty salad of organic greens with grape tomatoes and a champagne-walnut vinaigrette; baked brie with apples, served warm with fresh grapes and raspberry sauce, and Thyme's crispy sauteed crab cake with jicama and apple slaw and chipotle aioli.
The Long Island Duck Breast is succulent and well-prepared, served with a unique blend of caramelized pear, savory baby spinach, pine nuts and cassis demi glace. Their pan-seared filet of salmon is fresh and tasty and is complimented by a rich, creamy butternut squash risotto and pumpkin nage. Other dinner entrees include chicken paillard with baby greens, endive and Bosc pear in a balsamic reduction; homemade cavatelli with a savory blend of poached tear drop tomatoes, basil, fresh ricotta and extra virgin olive oil.
Their wine list includes several organic selections such as Sauvignon Blanc, Quivira "Fig Tree" California '08. There are sparkling wines, after-dinner wines and red wines like Cabernet Sauvignon, Chateau Montelena, California '05.
Make sure to leave room for the decadent desserts at Thyme. Choose from rich and sweet delights like their banana bread pudding, luscious bittersweet chocolate torte, delicious apple tart and cooked-to-perfection creme caramel.
It's a good idea to make reservations on Friday and Saturday nights, and you should definitely call for reservations if you're planning on eating brunch at Thyme. If you're in the mood for a drink at the bar, choose a night when there's live entertainment. Call for more information on hours and dates.